1. Tell us more about your brand’s story and why you decided to start The Shepherd’s Pie:
The Shepherd’s Pie started in 2007. At that time, the only available food delivery options were the usual pizzas, burgers and fried chicken. One Sunday evening in 2006, my wife and I were craving for shepherd’s pie. We Googled for shepherd’s pie delivery, but we couldn’t find any. Then my wife and I thought to each other “why not we start one?” And, the rest is history…
2. What’s the most interesting/unique part of The Shepherd’s Pie’s journey thus far?
The Shepherd’s Pie started as a hawker stall at Simpang Bedok. Why in a hawker centre you may ask: because it was the only place we could afford. We remember the first customer who called our hotline to place an order. We were ecstatic! We will also never forget this boy who came almost every day to have his shepherd’s pie fix. While waiting for his pie to be baked, he would get a can of Coke to go with the pie. That was his usual routine.
3. Was online ordering always part of your business plan?
When The Shepherd’s Pie first started, we only created a website. It was only until a few years later that we started accepting orders online – but without receiving online payments.
4. What was your biggest fear in going online?
Our biggest fear in going online is the implementation process and the ongoing costs we had to incur to sustain the online business.
5. How was your experience after using Oddle?
After over a year with Oddle, we are quite happy with the team’s willingness to listen to our feedback and even implement some of them. They are also very responsive in answering all of my questions pertaining to the usage of the platform.
6. Where do you see your business this time next year with Oddle?
We have just signed up for Oddle’s marketing service. Looking forward to positive results in the next 6 months.