1. Tell us more about your brand’s story and why you decided to start Salad Atelier.
4 years ago, salad was a rather new concept in Malaysia. Hence, Dylan, the founder of Salad Atelier, decided to introduce it to Malaysian market.
2. What’s the most interesting/unique part of Salad Atelier’s journey thus far?
Before we provided online ordering, most of our customers were young adults. Now, we have a more diverse customer base that consists of families as well. Aside from that, our customer base has been growing due to the rising interest in healthy foods too.
We are everywhere; we have 7 outlets currently, and 2 are opening soon. We feel that both availability and brand awareness are very important to the business, that is why we opened so many outlets across klang valley.
3. Was online ordering always part of your business’s plan?
We have always wanted to go online because we recognised the potential of online food ordering. By offering online ordering, Salad Atelier can cater to more customers.
4. What was your biggest fear in going online?
We were worried about the delivery lead time, as we are preparing the food on demand.
5. How was your experience after using Oddle?
Oddle has a simple and straightforward layout that is suitable for our business concept. They have features like categories and options, which are what we’re looking for. The Oddle Team has also been very supportive and responsive to our queries and issues. Overall, we are very happy with the system.
6. Has Oddle helped your brand? If so, how?
Yes, because the system can be linked to our website and Facebook page. This allows our customers to place orders easily.
7. Do you feel that the experience in managing Salad Atelier’s orders has improved after coming on board with Oddle?
Yes. Initially, we tried to build our own cart using Wix and paid quite a lot of money for it. However, it wasn’t up to our expectations.
That is when we found Oddle.
We especially love the options and variants feature because it caters perfectly for our product, which is customisable salads. On top of that, order management became very convenient. Thanks to Oddle, we now can process orders easily without having to worry about missed orders.
8. If there were 3 words to describe Oddle, what would it be?
- Team is very supportive and proactive
9. Is growth possible with Oddle?
Yes, the customer database feature allows us to target our customers easily with the insights and statistics available.
For loyal customers, we offer them a loyalty promotion. For new customers who signed up but did not purchase – we send them promo codes that they can use when they make their first purchase.